Top Social Media News This Week
Welcome to our weekly edition of The Top Social Media News. Every week, we bring to you a round-up of the most popular news items to help you stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends. This week, the social media sites were buzzing with:
Samsung’s New Anti-iPhone 5 Ad Is The Fastest-Growing Viral Tech Video
Samsung’s new TV ad for the Galaxy S III — which takes shots at Apple fanboys waiting for the release of the iPhone 5 has become one of the fastest-growing viral videos.The video which boasts total views of 4,155,150 had more than 120,492 shares in social media in the a span of 24 hours.
Meanwhile, Apple’s iPhone 5 spot is sixth on the list, with only 553 shares.
9 Facebook Marketing Tips to Improve Engagement
Some great tips with examples on how to generate activity and pump up the engagement levels on your engagement page:
- For your community to get to know you and relate to you, you need to “Get Personal”
- Use Pictures. They occupy more space in your newsfeed and are most likely to get more engagement than a straight text post
- Run a Contest. They can help boost your likes, grow your email list and showcase a product or service that you offer.
- Use humour to entertain and inform in your posts, which will in turn provide you with more shares, comments and likes
- Run events that showcase a cause
- Use some of Facebook’s features such as apps, pinning posts and highlighting to bring the best out of your pages
- Consider using your “Personal Profile” to market your page
- Crowdsource your content
- Use photos and posts to show our fans how much you love them
Beyond ROI: The need to measure social media integration
Social media cannot exist in silo. With so many firms jumping into the bandwagon of social media, the need of the hour is to integrate social media efforts throughout the organisation. Here are some do’s and don’ts to be kept in mind while pursuing your social media efforts:
- Outsource your social media management and have a social media presence without any personal touch
- Assigning a bold new social initiative to a non-mainstream department
- Limiting employee participation and engagement on corporate social media sites
- Firstly, a sweeping culture and mind-set change throughout the organisation
- Use social scoring metrics to leverage employees at the leading edge of influence
Which of the top news did you like the most this week? Let us know in the comments below.